Monday, 11 April 2011

It's Monday - What are you reading?



It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. It's a fun meme where we gather to share what we've read last week and our reading plans for this week.



Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme that was created by Marcia at The Printed Page, who graciously hosted it for a long, long time, before turning it into a touring meme (detailshere).  It is hosted at Passages to the Past for the month of April.






Just finished


The disengagement ring by Clodagh Murphy (Review to follow soon), I loved this book!




Currently reading -
The dead tossed waves by Carrie Ryan - I am about a 100 pages in and I am already hooked!

Next up - I am still undecided, but I have a few books that I can't wait to read on my book shelves. I usually never decide what I am going to read next until I have finished my current book. 




Books that I acquired this week -


After reading the first one in the series (The forest of hands and teeth) I wanted to read all three. I am sure that The dark and hollow places will be high up on my TBR pile for next week. 


I also bought The other Queen by Philippa Gregory who really is one of my favourite authors, I love all the Tudor novels. 




After reading loads of great reviews, I also can't wait to get started on The Gathering by Kelly Armstrong. I haven't read anything by her in a while, so I am looking forward to getting caught up in this new series. 






Happy reading!



19 comments:

  1. You had a good reading week! I'm looking forward to The Gathering too. I just got an email that said my copy has shipped. My Monday Report is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look forward to that review of The Disengagement Ring.

    enjoy ur reading week

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Disengagement Ring sounds cute - I will have to look for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love The Forest of Hands and Teeth series. The 3rd is my favorite I think!

    Also, it's fun to see The Gathering on someone else's TBR pile. It looks good. :)

    You must read Mortal Instruments soon. One of my favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a P. Gregory book that has been sitting on my shelves for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover of The Dark and Hollow Places! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by. I have two Philippa Gregory books waiting for me. It's good to know you like the author and her books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to reading THE GATHERING. Loved the previous trilogy and hope this one will be as good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Dead Tossed Waves sounds very interesting. Enjoy all your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cover and title of Disengagement Ring - so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just finished The Gathering! I didn't love it, but it was a good read - I hope you enjoy it! The Dead Tosses Waves is supposed to be very good too - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover of The Disengagement Ring - cute. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been trying to make room in my schedule for The Other Queen as well, I like Philippa Gregory's Tudor books so I'm interested to see what some of her others are like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that cover for the Gathering! So much more interesting than the US one!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have The Disengagement Ring on my shelf somewhere - need to read that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I picked up The Forest and Hands and Teeth so I'm sure The Dead Tossed Waves will be on my What Are You Reading post shortly. I love Phillipa Greggory! She's so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I haven't seen the movie adaption of Emma yet, but hope to soon. And The Disengagement Ring cover is too cute ... looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Other Queen was a good one I hope you enjoy it.

    The cover for The Dark and Hollow Places is just plain eerie. I am torn because I was disappointed with The Dead Tossed Waves and yet I really want to know how it ends! But I'm glad you are hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Disengagement Ring looks so cute! I'm going to have to look into that one!

    Hope you have a fabulous reading week! And thanks so much for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs images from the Through the Looking Glass kit by Irene Alexeeva