Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Waiting on Wednesday # 4


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at BREAKING THE SPINE, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Since I have been reading all about Zombies in The Forest of Hands and teeth series I was thinking about another book I read earlier last year, Feed by Mira Grant. 






The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beaten the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED. Now, twenty years after the Rising, bloggers Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives - the dark conspiracy behind the infected. The truth will get out, even if it kills them.


Feed is available to buy now (the first in the series)


On the whole I really enjoyed Feed when I read it - 7/10


MY Waiting on Wednesday pick is -


Shaun Mason is a man without a mission. Not even running the news organization he built with his sister has the same urgency as it used to. Playing with dead things just doesn't seem as fun when you've lost as much as he has.

But when a CDC researcher fakes her own death and appears on his doorstep with a ravenous pack of zombies in tow, Shaun has a newfound interest in life. Because she brings news-he may have put down the monster who attacked them, but the conspiracy is far from dead.

Now, Shaun hits the road to find what truth can be found at the end of a shotgun.



Deadline (second in the series) will be available as of the 2nd June 2011



20 comments:

  1. I only gave Feed 3 out of 5, I like any zombie book but I just felt something was missing although I did like it. I had no idea there would be a second so woohoo I will get this when it comes out. Are you a big zombie fan? What other zombie book have you read?

    Lainy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, though a bit out of my reading niche. Thanks for putting them up on your blog^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! These books sounds so amazing! I haven't heard of them till now, thanks to you! ;) I'll definitely add them on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for visiting Fictional Distraction. :)

    Those novels definitely sound interesting, although they're not something that I'd usually read. But great pick though!

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting! Hadn't heard of this one til now.

    Here's my WoW

    Old Follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a copy of FEED on my Kindle. Didn't know there was a sequel. Guess I need to read the first one so I can anticipate the second. Nice choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I REALLY want to read Feed too!!!! Doesn't it sound like awesomeness???

    My Wow Post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting series. I may have to check out Feed.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh, this series sounds Really interesting! Zombies!!! I'm going to add this to my reading list!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like an interesting series!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard good things about Feed, I hope you get it soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read too many zombie books but these sounds really good! Thanks for stopping by my WoW today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! I've had Feed on my list FOREVER! I completely forgot about it! Gonna have to move it to the top now that #2 will be out soon!
    Here's my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for commenting on my WoW (:

    I haven't heard of this series yet, but it sounds interesting! Hope you enjoy it when it's released (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very intriguing series.

    Come by and see mine and my giveaways.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heard about this series last year but I totally forgot about it! Thanks for reminding me :) Great WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Feed is on my TBR but I've been wondering if I should take it off because it sounds like its going to give me nightmares and sleepless nights where I'll be cuddled up to my dog for protection. I am a major wimp and looking at the authors website she seems to like to scare people xD.

    Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never read a zombie book, but I've read a lot of mixed reviews for Feed. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! both books sounds interesting... i better check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not a huge zombie fan but my bf is so I'll probably recommend this to him: and I'm sure he'll love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs images from the Through the Looking Glass kit by Irene Alexeeva