Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Waiting on Wednesday






The nail-biting conclusion to The Strain Trilogy, from the world-famous director of Pan’s Labyrinth and Hellboy.The night belongs to them, and it will be a night eternal…After the blasts, it was all over. Nuclear Winter has settled upon the earth. Except for one hour of sunlight a day, the whole world is plunged into darkness. It is a near-perfect environment for vampires. They have won. It is their time.Almost every single man, woman and child has been enslaved in vast camps across the globe. Like animals, they are farmed, harvested for the sick pleasure of the Master Race.Almost, but not all. Somewhere out there, hiding for their lives, is a desperate network of free humans, continue the seemingly hopeless resistance. Everyday people, with no other options – among them Dr Ephraim Goodweather, his son Zack, the veteran exterminator Vassily, and former gangbanger Gus.To be free, they need a miracle, they need divine intervention. But Salvation can be a twisted game – one in which they may be played like pawns in a battle of Good and Evil. And at what cost…?

I'm waiting on The Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan because I loved the first one in the trilogy - The Strain and I am eager to read The Fall, which has been patiently working it's way up to the top of my TBR pile. If you haven't tried this series yet and you're in the mood for some creepy horror then definitely pick up The Strain.



The Eternal Night will be available from Oct 2011

7 comments:

  1. i hadn't heard of this before, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy horror :) I must check this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I've sooo been on a horror kick lately!!
    My Wow Post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize that this was coming out so soon. My husband loves this trilogy though I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea Guillermo had books and stuff out. Awesome, clearly I need to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,

    Popping over from Rachael's Campaigner Contemporary Fiction group (taking me a while to get round to visiting everyone). Ver nice blog you have here will have to have a wander round. Now following.

    regards
    mood
    Moody Writing
    @mooderino

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I hadn't heard of this series yet, but after that blurb, I will definitely be adding it to my TBR list.

    Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Use Your Imagination Designs images from the Through the Looking Glass kit by Irene Alexeeva